11 December 2011

The weekend that I needed. (Gotye included).

kids

We had a lovely weekend up at the farm. (We call it 'the farm' even though it is really half vineyard and half horse stables.. I think because "Shall we head up to the vineyard this weekend" sounds a bit wanky).

It was just what I needed I think, and best of all we went and saw Gotye play at the Belvoir Amphitheatre (it's the most amazing outdoor venue) that is conveniently located about 5 minutes from the farm.

Tom and I used to go and see live music all the time and we both really miss it. The Gotye concert was really good, but I must be getting old because it was so loud and went soo late (I'm such a granny!)

I was thinking today about all the good music we went and saw before Sophie was born. Seeing the French singer Camille live in concert was probably one of the best things I have ever seen, and pretty close second was C.W Stoneking and Regina Spektor.

So tell me.. what was the best concert you have ever been to?

Photo of Sophie and her cousin Ella (and Tom's feet) up at the farm.

6 comments:

Small Catalogue said...

Horses, wine and music - sounds perfect. The best concert ever... BB King. By far.

Maxabella said...

We miss live music as well. My husbie and I met at a gig and we must have seen a show a week in our early courtin' days. These days, not so much. The idea of a festival terrifies me with three little kids in tow and it's not often that bands I like play at suitable 'under 18' venues. But every now and then we steal away (together or solo) to see a good gig and it just lifts the spirits. There is something magical about live music. x

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Sounds like an idyllic weekend. SO good for the soul!

Gotye - I would LOVE to see him. I am very much like you, too loud, too late.

But, some of my all time favourites... Tracy Chapman at the State Theatre, M. Ward at Shepherd's Bush, Joanna Newsom at the Sydney Opera House. That's just three but there are SO many more.

I am looking forward to Beth Orton in January!

Lizeylou said...

Oh how I wish I was going to see Goyte.

Vampire weekend was probably one of the best I have seen in the last few years. So much fun!
And Claire Bowditch is always a fav of mine. I just find her very sexy.

So glad I have found your blog!!

sar said...

i was just thinking about this the other day, reminiscing about seeing lamb at sydney's metro theatre umm when was it...maybe 2004? anyway they were phenomenal, and much better than i expected.

i would LOVE to see regina!
I've bought tix to fleet foxes at the opera house for my partner's chrissy pressie. it's a total surprise. i could keep it as a surprise really, the seats are so so far back he possibly wouldn't know he'd seen the band at all.

x

Ruth said...

Belle and Sebastian- no question about it! I love reading your blog, I admire your strength and bravery xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...