29 December 2011

Christmas etc.

Christmas 1Christmas 2Christmas 3

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We had a lovely Christmas in sunny ol' Perth.

Christmas in the Porter family is filled with traditions that have been going since Tom was a kid..
The night before includes reading 'the night before Christmas' as a whole family before leaving milk, cookies and carrots out for santa and his reindeer. The next morning everyone draws a name out of a hat to take turns in opening presents while we have tea and croissants. (This takes about 2 hours as the are so many people and soo many presents).
Afterwards everyone heads to the beach for a swim before coming home and getting busy in the kitchen.
The rest of the family arrive at about 3pm and there is another hour or so of opening presents before we all sit down to a late lunch/ early dinner that goes well into the night.

I can't wait to share some of the lovely things I got with you..

3 comments:

Jess @ Caffeine and Tutus said...

It sounds like such a perfect day! Your photos are beautiful- I bet Sophie would have been beyond thrilled to be greeted with a bike under the tree! xx

one yellow jumpsuit. said...

That sounds like a beautiful tradition and I love that someone bought you your milk jug. xx

Katie: Grow.Cook.Sew. said...

I know! Tom bought it for me and I was so surprised, but he said "Of course I got it for you.. I read your blog too!" Maybe next year I will post a few more things I would like! x

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...