28 January 2011

Inked.

I am not a huge fan of tattoos. This may come as quite a surprise to anyone who knows me as I actually have three myself. (I know.. Ek!)
Now, don't get me wrong.. a beautifully drawn design in just the right place on the right person can look amazing, but the majority of tattoos I see make me cringe a little*.

katie on cottesloe
(This is the only photo I could find that vaguely shows 2 of my tattoos. This photo was taken in Perth last year.. you can see why we are moving there can't you?)

I got all of mine when I was quite young and had no idea how to contemplate the meaning of 'forever'.
The worst thing is that I think they are now quite embarrassing** and I feel like they don't fit with the person that I have become at all.
Although, 99% of the time I don't even remember that they are there, occasionally (like when my 3 year old daughter asks who did all the drawings on mummy? or can she get drawings like mummy when she is bigger?) I feel a little sense of regret.

So, tell me.. Do you have a tattoo or two? Would you ever get one? What do you think of them?


*I understand that this is a completely subjective view and I obviously keep my views to myself!
**You know those (awful) tattoo designs that scream 'early 90's'.. yep.. mine are those!

2 comments:

Jacinta said...

I don't have any tattoos. Never was really into them but when I was 20 my friend and I were planning on getting matching ones. In the end I couldn't think of anything I liked enough to have on my body for the REST OF MY LIFE. Ten years later I still can't think of anything and don't want one. She has still always wanted one and got a lotus flower on her back.
Personally speaking it seems like everyone gets a tattoo nowadays and so it's not so cool. I think it's cooler if you don't have one. But I do understand when ppl get them for a really personal reason, and not because their friends are getting them and it's some cool thing to do.
That's my rant.
And you look awesome in the pic. :)

Unknown said...

Well I wouldn't mind one. Like a retro one with my hubbies name on it. But on the other hand my beautiful 20 year old niece now has two. Which we (me and my sister) aren't happy about. I have sent her the link to this post. Maybe she'll understand what we are trying to tell her.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...