12 August 2010

My happy space

When Tom and I moved from our little apartment near the beach to a house in the suburbs, I knew there was one thing I would miss the most.. my favourite cafe.

Gertie's

I started going there when I was at uni. I would sit there for hours to study drinking copious amounts of coffee.

sophie-chino

When I was pregnant with Sophie I spent days there reading and drinking chai tea, Stopping to chat to all the mums who came in about the highs and lows of motherhood.

friends..

When Sophie was born it was my little retreat when it all got to much.. When the house was a mess and I hadn't washed my hair for days, I would walk down to the street, park myself on the cosy teal couch and let Sophie entertain herself with the toy box..

cuddles

Now, its no longer a short walk away but a long drive across the city..
But, you know what? I thinks it's worth the drive!

6 comments:

Kelly Ingram said...

Your happy cafe space makes me feel cosy just looking at it, and that teal sofa is just lovely!

Kirsty said...

Ah...hooray for places that feel like home.

Kate said...

What a gorgeous blog you have! I adore the dress you made yourself! I hope you find a wonderful cafe near your new place.

bron @ baby space said...

I love the happy space :)

melanie said...

I totally understand. There was a place I went to before & after I had Moira and we recently moved away from it and it makes me sad - but so worth going back to visit.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

OH YES!! I used to go to Gertrude & Alice and drink lots of chai. In fact, I think it's my favourite place to chai it up! I haven't been there in a long, long time. Such sweet memories!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.. It is nice to know that there is someone out there (other than my husband) reading my posts! Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...